DPS DHURI follows the CBSE curricula facilitating thorough development of knowledge and understanding, practical skills, creativity, analytical ability and positive values in every student. Modelled on Bloom’s Taxonomy, we follow planned curricula with a clear focus on well defined learning outcomes. A range of skills with increasing complexity is identified to help students progress from the simple and known to the most complex and unknown. Appropriate techniques and standards are applied keeping the learning objectives in mind. Students not only acquire knowledge but also the process of learning. Higher levels of questioning and systematic process of thinking are encouraged. There is a definite progression with students actively involved in the processes of remembering, understanding, applying, analyzing, evaluating and creating. The maximum strength in a class is restricted to 25 students to ensure that each one gets adequate attention. The School provides students with flexible opportunities of learning and expressing themselves. Each classroom has an open area at the back for learning through activity, both independently and collaboratively. Ample opportunities are given to the students to develop skills in public communication via debate, elocution, dramatics and music.
School is the foundation of a child’s future. And teachers are the architects of this foundation. Our teachers not only impact knowledge but also play a pivotal role in moulding a child.
The teaching-learning environment would be positive, inclusive, and stimulating. It would be in the line and instruction of the CBSE and would develop the most innovative child centric classroom teaching methods. Our in-class technology, equips the teachers to arrange various digital resources to understand the aptitude of each child and cater individual needs. Our assessments and evaluation helps the teachers to judge and evaluate the true levels of learning. The process also results in the self-improvement of teaching towards efficiency. Special time is allocated in the curriculum to improve the spoken English.
- Exploring through discovery
- Acquire emotional independence
- Learn the basics of reading, writing and calculating
- Develop play group and social skills
- Encouraging good handwriting skills
- Exploring through learning
- Encouraging holistic learning
- Promote learning by project method, creative thinking, library research, peer learning and informational technology.
- Focus on formal learning of languages, mathematics and environmental science.
High School Level
- Preparing to explore further
- Nurturing to make students technically proficient problem solvers and career minded.
- Guidance to make effective adjustments at home and school.
- Motivation to be original thinkers, self-disciplined and environment conscious.